We adhere to the highest social standards at our facilities all over the world and make sure that our partners do the same. We have therefore joined the Business Social Compliance Initiative, and all our facilities and sites are independently audited to meet a fair code of conduct. Ironically, this commitment has not come at the expense of price. We discovered that a more stable and committed workforce actually drives our quality and guarantees you a sustainable product and production. Our code includes the ten following key elements to improve workers environments, as audited and certified through the Business Social Compliance Initiative
- freedom of association and the right to collective bargaining are respected
- none discrimination environment
- child labor is prohibited
- legal minimum and/or industry standards wages are paid
- working hours are compliant with national laws and do not exceed 48 hours regular + 12 hours overtime
- no forced labor or disciplinary measures
- safe and healthy workplace
- the environment is respected
- policy for social accountability
- anti-bribery and anti-corruption policy
We are committed to not only meeting these standards but also surpassing them measurably and clearly. For this, each of our plants is audited by BSCI on a regular and unannounced basis.
Beyond treating our staff well, we want to be a partner for the communities we live in, too. Through our committment to the N-Club (a German sustainability club) we have met and susequently partnered with Elbe Werkstätten, a non-profit for persons with disabilities, and they now make the wooden frame of our beds, passing the same rigorous quality tests that we apply to all of our products.